Thursday, March 3, 2011

Duster or Eraser?

About a month ago, I said that I'd used the word "eraser" to refer to a piece of soft material used for removing chalk marks from a blackboard in my class and was corrected (kind of) by my standard one pupils.

Just now, a friend of mine texted and asked me what we actually call that thing. In the message she said "I told my mom that my friend said it's called an "eraser" and her kindergarten pupils overheard it and said it's called a "duster" and commented "mana ada so big punya eraser??" "

Well, I think it's better to stick to "duster", don't tell the standard one pupils it's called an "eraser/rubber". Their parents might say that you're wrong.

In the U.K, it's called either "rubber" or "eraser".
In the U.S.A, it's called "eraser".

I don't know whether "duster" is used in the U.K., U.S.A., etc.
BUT I'm very sure "duster" is used in Malaysia :)




No comments:

Post a Comment